Get in touch with the Joint Venture
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Venture - Family Violence and Sexual Violence
Wellbeing helplines and support
Violence and abuse is never okay, but help is available.
Reach out for help if:
- someone makes you fearful, threatens, harasses or hurts you;
- you’re hurting someone or worried about what you might do; or
- you are worried about someone else being hurt or causing harm.
Support and help are available from:
- If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call the Police on 111. Police take family violence and sexual violence seriously
- Family violence information line – call 0800 456 450 for support and information about family violence or see www.areyouok.org.nz(external link)
- Sexual violence helpline (Safe to Talk) – call 0800 044 334, text 4334 or email email@example.com for support and information about sexual violence, or see https://safetotalk.nz(external link).
For more help options, click on one of the headings below:
Family violence support
Sexual violence support
Support to stop harming
Support for Rainbow community / LGTBQIA+
Child and youth support
Elder abuse support
The Elder Abuse Helpline is a free service that people can contact if they or someone they know are experiencing elder abuse.
Call 0800 32 668 65
Support for Pacific peoples
For Pacific communities, there is targeted mental health support available via Ola Lelei, a dedicated 0800 number.
0800 Ola Lelei – 0800 652 535
Support for ethnic communities
Shakti New Zealand — call 0800 742 584 for culturally competent support services for women, children and families of Asian, African and Middle Eastern origin who have experienced domestic violence.
Find out more about Shakti New Zealand(external link)
Mental wellbeing helplines
All services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Alcohol Drug Helpline offers free support if you have concerns about your drinking and drug use, or someone else’s. A trained counsellor is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can call 0800 787 797 or text 8681
Finding a local support service